Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”
This resource section contains a collection of audio recordings and articles I’ve written as psycho-educational support to your sessions (over 180 articles at the time of writing) for use exclusively by current patients who attend weekly after they complete assessment. Audio recordings contain guided awareness development practices that support and enhance therapeutic tasks. The articles in general are information-dense, providing learning and psycho-educational material specific to my approach in psychotherapy. The volume of this information alone could easily take hundreds of psychotherapy sessions to deliver. Here, it is a free part of the service I offer to patients attending weekly.
- If you are a new patient and have completed Assessment use the next three weeks to read my Essential Reading List, which will give you a good foundational understanding for the work ahead.
- There are 3 separate passwords:
- 1. one for the Agreement (given to new patients before Assessment),
- 2. one for the Essential Reading List (given to new patients after Assessment), and
- 3. one for the main articles (given to patients who attend weekly after Assessment). Entering one password for one will close all of the other articles in the other categories.
- New passwords are sent out by email whenever they change (usually every 4 weeks). Advice on using and finding Resources can be sought during sessions.
Navigating the Resources
During sessions I often recommend patients read specific articles relevant to the work they are doing. You can also ask to have a brief tutorial in your session on how to navigate the Resources and find what you are looking for. Click on the article Resource Theme Tags at the foot of each web page and in the articles themselves to search for related themes and other articles that form a series.
- NOTE: The Resources section is not intended to be used as self-help, but as an educational support to regular in-session psychotherapy work guided by your therapist.
Free Access for Current Patients Attending Weekly
Current patients attending weekly in-person or via SKYPE have automatic access to all existing and newly published articles (usually I publish at least one or two new articles a month).
At the foot of each page there is a search box (for non-protected content) and Resource Themes Word Cloud that you can use to identify and search specific topics.
- Patients (including fortnightly) can also request a study plan tailored to their particular history and presentation. This can be done by purchasing a Therapy Card or as a separate service. I use this time to review your file, putting together articles containing information that I consider will be key in supporting your therapy.
Study Plan and Access to Resources for Patients Attending Fortnightly
Knowing where to start with your supplementary reading can feel daunting for some people. A tailored study plan allows you to more clearly structure your reading of Resource articles in a way that supports the work you’re doing in sessions.
For patients who attend less than weekly, full access to Resources is also available for a one-off fee. Access to Resources remains available for the duration of your attendance or Therapy Card. Minimum attendance required is once every two weeks.
Suggest Themes or Ideas for Articles
If you are a current patient and would like to read an article on a subject that I haven’t yet addressed in my Resources section, you can fill out the form below to suggest a topic. Include as many details as you like.